Wednesday, May 22, 2013

(Child's book) Felini the Flea by Bruno Rossi

Such a wonderful delight!! My grandson simply loved me reading Felini the Flea to him. He love the name Felini and loves to say it.. He walks around saying? "Felini the Flea is fun to read, fun to read indeed." with him walking around and singing this.. my parrot also loves to say "Felini." It has fast became their favorite book to read. My grandson was a bit upset that he couldn't see a flea on the cat, but between you and me.. I am okay with that. The story line was excellent and giving children the life building blocks they need in life. You don't have to be just like everyone else to be successful and do what you desire to do in life. Feline has only one leg but the heart and will power to over come his differences from others.
The bright vivid art work is a joy to look at with the wonderful detail to a flea city that lives on the lazy sweet dog. The amount of words on each page allows for the child to really inspect this artwork. The amount of words in the book as a whole is just the right amount for a nice reading time. I shall definitely look for more books by this author for my grandchildren and maybe a second copy for my grandson as he loves it so much. He is borrowing it to take to school for reading time the last day of school.
I won this book via goodreads first reads and was thrilled to receive it.
5 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment