Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Clementine's Uncommon Scents by Jocelyne Lebon

I applaud this writer. From the first page, a wonderful magical Bouquet was handed to me and formed magnetism that gently led me within this special world of nostalgia. I felt as if I was within the pages of  Clementine and experienced all that she did. I cried, I laughed and I etched these memories within my own heart and mind just as she did; and they became mine also.
I grew up with Clementine through her memories, I felt the love one felt for her as a young child, felt her loss of him and feared with her over the pup, her special companion and I loved her parents their flaws and uniqueness and felt at home. The scents that she brought to me were scents that some of them, I had smelled before, and yet I had not smelled them as she did. She brought me a new appreciation that today brings her to mind when I pick up an orange. It becomes the sweet tangy citrus as she knew it and brought forth to me.  I adored the family and people she did and wondered at the quirky friend and fell in love, said good bye to a few and often thought back in time as she had. I felt her whole world stop at the lost of her ability. What cursed her, and gave her such struggle in life, was in fact what made her. AND I rejoiced in the end, of it all so expertly put together in the form of words on a page but which came from one’s mind, heart and spirit.
This was a book that I felt no need to race through, but to sit in the evenings with a cup of tea and a blanket and time to simply float within it. It is amazing and brings such emotions we all think we already know and yet it shows us in a new way how to realize that which is around us. This is a book I will read again and again and by far the best book I have read this year.
5 Stars!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment