Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jonathan's Cross by M.L. Gardner

This book was about more than just the collapse of the stock market and the depression, it was about family. A family that was formed by three couples whose friendship is something very few ever experience. These friends went from privileged and wealthy to bone soup poor. They stood by each other through it all and kept each other a float not only in food and a place to live but emotions and hope for a better future. Society had no use for them as they were not one of them anymore. This historical novel brought me characters I wanted to know in real life, to be a part of their friendship, hardships and blessings. From the beginning to the very last page I was in awe and lived in another world.
I am now reading book two and just as fascinated that my friends live on. The name of the second book is 1930 Book Two, Aryl’s Divide.
5 Stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment